1.31.2006

[ring #1] In this ring is my son, Anakin. He turns the big SIX on Thursday. I took him with me to get a few groceries last night and he wanted to go spend his birthday $ (thanks, Grandma). How do you explain to an almost 6 year old that he can't buy the toy he wanted because it's sitting in the basement waiting to be wrapped and given to him on his birthday! LOL! I don't know how many times I tried explaining that you just don't go buy things BEFORE your birthday and your big birthday party. He has a lot on his plate this week... a "beach party" at school, a "100th day of school" party, his and 2 of his classmates parties, his big birthday party (not at school, but with his classmates) AND a classmate's party! Can you say party overload? Oh...add 2 more things to his week. His very first concert! We're taking him to see "Winter Jam", which has my all time favorite band in the tour - NEWSBOYS! Anakin has loved them too since he was old enough to really enjoy music. We're so excited (and it's ON his birthday!). We also have another birthday to celebrate. My 35th on Saturday. I don't want to talk about it. At least not right now. :( More later...

No comments: