10.20.2008

Heavenly Meatballs

Anakin asked me if I knew how to make meatballs tonight (knowing that I was making spaghetti)...so, I made them. I just made it up as I went along...something I learned from my Mom, I'm sure. Try them, you won't be disappointed!

Meatballs

1 1/2 lbs of Turkey burger meat
2 slices of bread, made into bread crumbs (I used my handy dandy Pampered Chef chopper)
1 egg
1 cup Parmesan Cheese (or more, if you like)
4 or 5 shakes of Fajita Seasoning (we get it here http://www.fiestaspices.com/ - I buy the no salt kind)
Couple shakes of Garlic Salt (next time I'll just use real garlic)

Mix up and make into small balls or large...if you want to cook them in the oven - I think that's what you've got to do if they're huge, right? LOL! Anyway, I cooked them in a little bit of olive oil and then when they were done, I let them sit on a paper towel and then moved them to my sauce...which is just a jar store bought kind (without sugar...did you know there is sugar in almost everything? Drives me NUTS!) The best meatballs I've ever had...really!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Mmmm. Meatballs! LOL! They sound great!

Guess who finally got PSE (a few months ago) and who finally figured out a few things (this weekend)? On my blog...

Athira Ashok said...

Great recipe
Kerala spices online